Joking aside, I've had a great first week. The Year 9 group that everyone slates as difficult and "naughty" have so far behaved pretty well for me. Ironically, the other Year 9 group that I was given in a pretty last-minute-kind-of-a-way were supposed to be really bright, really lovely, and one of the top forms in the school. I think they're a bunch of annoying, chatty buggers who need a good shake, but there we go.
Apropos Year 9, I had an interesting moment on the bus this morning. I sat myself down at the back, and a couple of pupils sat nearby. One leaned over; "Miss! You're my German teacher!"
"Yes I am. And I've got you this afternoon, haven't I?"
"Well, yeah, but no. I'm in isolation today."
In other news, I blame my school for me discovering YouBot. It is probably the most disturbing thing I have ever seen. The mouths. JESUS CHRIST THE MOUTHS. I can't look away. I actually wasted about an hour of planning time playing on it, because I could not tear myself away from the utter freakiness. Go. Create a YouBot with an actual photograph of yourself. It is as sinister and as creepy as HELL.
01. My uncle once: stayed married to a woman long enough to have a child.
02. Never in my life: have I understood why people think French is a sexy language. German, on the other hand, is teh smex.
03. When I was five: if someone was talking about the DDR, they didn't mean a dancing game.
04. High school was: pretty shit. Now it's totally awesome. This is clearly a matter of perspectives...
05. I will never forget: the Blonde Harlot.
06. Once I met: Dexter Holland, before the Offspring started to really suck. And Dennis Waterman, but I didn't recognise him. I just thought he was a dirty old man who was going to rob the high-value pens counter. XD
07. There's this girl I know: who had never eaten a steak in her entire life until I cooked her one.
08. Once at a bar: I nearly didn't get served because I was dressed as a pirate. With a sword.
09. By noon: the sun has reached its zenith.
10. Last night: was Year 10 parents' evening and I got no fucking sleep. >:O
11. If only I had: a car. Then I wouldn't have to spend so much money on public transport.
12. Next time I go to church: will be MFL!Andy's wedding. If he and Sarah invite the unruly MFL people, anyway. I was going to say Esther's wedding, but she's getting married in Disneyland. XD
EDIT: Freaky. Andy just texted me asking for my postal address. I'm guessing this means a wedding invite for half-term, then! XD
13. What worries me most: the Euro becoming so strong that manga is no longer cheap for me.
14. When I turn my head left I see: a poster of Yuna from FFX-2.
15 When I turn my head right I see: my Thundercats curtains.
16. You know I'm telling the truth when: it's blunt and somewhat offensive.
17. What I miss most about the Eighties is: Margaret Thatcher.
18. If I were a character in Shakespeare I'd be: Romeo. A self-obsessed angsty fop whose habit of falling for completely the wrong women is the death of him. Literally.
...except I haven't died yet. And it would be terribly good fun to play Richard III. XD
19. If I ever go back to school: ... wait, what? I'm paid to go to school daily! :P
And that's all folks. Time to go catch up on some lost sleep...